Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowfully Gleefully and Oddities

Record breaking snow hit Texas today with almost a foot !!!! By the time Tiffany and Annah got this snowman built the day had almost passed and the snow melted to mud mush but, wow, it was a treat to wake up to a winter wonderland. I've been here all my life and I can't even describe the inner glee.... I even went jogging in it with my holey tennis shoes... I was smiling with the sheer joy of jogging in snow... but I had this fear I would fall through the earth or something because I couldn't see the ground.... :-) I know, strange.... I kinda have issues I think...I mean seriously...who would be jogging through one foot of snow and have a fear of falling through the earth.... me. I don't need help, please don't try to help me...I'm fine.... and I bet if your honest with yourself, you could confess some little oddities... I have never ever jogged in snow. It was like being in the unknown... felt unknown... the fact that I took it to another level and feared falling through the earth because I couldn't see the ground is indeed an issue but once again... I have to believe I am not the only person who has very strange thoughts. And if I am.... I still don't want help soooooooo, no emails about it okay...what is said here, stays here.





















Tiffany had one last attempt at making a snow man. Isn't it so cute! Probably the last one for years. I ran into a guy at the store and he said he left Wisconsin to get away from this type weather and felt surely Texas was the place to be ... I told him not to worry, tomorrow its suppose to be 50 degrees outside. We will probably all be in shorts and mowing or something.

"Ignatius, when he heard the clock strike, would say, "Now I have another hour to answer for."
(Eph. 5:16)" --John Piper

4 comments:

  1. It don't snow in Texas! I bet those are the kind of photos I used to put my Old Geezer head a that fat body.

    I'm so excited!! Mrs. Geezer said she is going to take me to Taco Bell for V. Day. It don't get no better than that here on planet earth.

    God bless you sister Libby and have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running in the snow. I live on 10 acres of wooded land and I love to put on heavy boots and run thru the thick woods. Great workout...and it's outside of the normal routine.

    On a side note...my wife read that 49 of the 50 states have snow right now. I couldn't guess which one...I forgot Hawaii was a state. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby...I don't like walking over grates on the sidewalk...I always fear they will not hold me up and I'll fall into the city sewer system...

    So you are not alone my friend with your "crazy" thoughts...

    I'm sure I have others but that's the only one I can think of right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is falling through the earth REALLY a crazy thought??? What? ..... BTW, LOVE the snowman! :D

    ReplyDelete