Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Clutter

I've been spending this day going through clutter drawers ... I don't have piles of stuff laying out in the open around my house, I tend to stick stuff into little bins and drawers and forget about them. I also do not save stuff that is just 'stuff'... if you were to go through my clutter boxes you would find functional stuff but it would be an unorganized mess... you would find a box of matches, thumbtacs, a DVD, lots of pens and glue... stuff like that... all useful just stuffed in a box usually quickly to get it off my table or wherever.

And I need to take some time to eat all my boxes of chocolate. I've gotten one down.

So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year. --John Quincy Adams



9 comments:

  1. When you get all that "stuff" organized, my garage needs an overhaul. All that chocolate is bad for you! All that chocolate is bad for you! I will help you out with that chocolate, just so that you don't damage your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Messies Manual: The Procrastinator's Guide to Good Housekeeping by Sandra Felton

    This book has been around for a long time but if you haven't read it's worth getting a copy on Amazon or somewhere.

    It's a fun read

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog; very cute :)

    I have a "junk" drawer (or two) that all the miscellaneous clutter goes in to. It usually doesn't get cleaned out until we move (which is usually every 2-3 years it seems)

    not sure where all our clutter comes from though

    looking forward to getting to know you more

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I read a comment you left on Old Geezer's blog and thought I'd pay you a visit! :O)

    I really enjoyed what I read here.

    We have a lot in common -- two MAJOR things -- we both love Jesus! (#1) and we both live in Texas! WOOT! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work for Jesus!

    Thanks for all your recent comments on my blog.
    Your comments are always welcome.
    I consider you to be one of my best blogger friends

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    God bless you and your family,

    Mr. and Mrs. Geezer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to my house and go through my clutter bins...mine is more paper stuff...things I've written, taught, or researched....

    sometimes I wonder why I want to hold onto the stuff I do..

    You need a cabinet that is just for the stuff you have in your bin...I have a shelf that has clear shoe boxes with these kind of things in it...one for glue....one for stickers...etc.

    Love the quote by John Quincy Adams...to bad our current Presidents don't have the same thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your comic about the parents checking their sons blog...cute! :) I got a laugh out of that one. (My only laugh of the day, in fact...I've had a very bad day), so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there!!

    I just tagged you in a post! Passing on some Beautiful Blogger love!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sister Libby,

    I hope you have a great Sunday,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete