Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No Habla Espanol....

*SIGH*.... so I had my very first Spanish exam today....examination of my knowledge.... actually, the exam itself didn't go to badly... I had to leave a few blanks because no matter how much I pressed my brain I had no idea what the question was. Can you imagine an entire test in Spanish .... anyways...it wasn't so much the exam that got me...it was after.... the teacher had told us to get 5 folders for turning in our homework to which we would do on exam day and she speaks in Spanish so I assumed the 5 folders were to divide up all my tons of homework and organize each part into a folder... it seemed practical if your the organized sort... but then I noticed nobody else had ALL 5 folders being turned in.... thats because it was 1 folder per test period where you hand in all your work into that one folder...and then the next test all your homework goes into another folder... duh... the children kinda laughed... one guy said "you tried to get all your homework into 5 folders????" it didn't sound mocking but rather he seemed amused that a person would actually do that. And then... of all the numbers in the Spanish world of numbers, I have an issue with 40 and anything in the 40's and 7's. I can't pronounce Cuarenta or whatever it is and I can't remember how to say 7 if my life even depended on it. So of all the questions in the world she had to ask me in front of the class she had to ask what day is my birthday which just happens to be a 17..... not only did I say "Mayo" wrong... in my Texas 'MAYOHHH" thick draw ...but my tounge tied up and I just sat there unable to say 17.... she was nodding her head at me like 'come on'...and I just was going 'dieciiiiiiuh...dieciii... ".... But I'm not done. THEN, I suddenly realized I hadn't put my name on my test. I couldn't just discreetly and quitely go to her desk and begin rummaging through the test... I mean that would look really bad... so I had to boldy and confidently announce that I had not put my name on my test and needed to do so... ...more classroom laughter. And my thoughts of all this were that at the end of the class when we have to do our final project and I have to pair up with someone nobody is going to want to be paired with meeeeeee. I'll be the last one picked and if its not an even number .... I'll be the third wheel somewhere. But I'm okay with that. Really I am.
My mom and daughter Tiffany---the puzzle they have is of a painting of Italy that Tiffany painted while in Italy.
She got to sit down on the road in Italy and paint it. SO, for my mom she had the painting made into a puzzle. Such talent that bypassed me. Again, I'm okay with that. :)

So, I began to complain a little because the bathroom toilet seat is always cold...so I said I wish we had a heated toilet seat. The next morning I woke up and stumbled downstairs to the bathroom and there was a heater in the bathroom that Paul put in so that I would be warm. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever????

I actually won a blogger award. :-) Isn't it pretty! I was awarded this lovely award from "Running Commentary". She runs in the snow and maybe even blizzards... I like that.























See, I've been missing from blogging for a few days and now I can't stop talking.

3 comments:

  1. Libby, I think the fact that you are doing that class and stretching yourself is simply amazing! Most people wouldn't step out like you have done. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with it! If it was easy, anyone could speak Spanish, even me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My second laugh of the day because of the comic: "Tech support...we'd like to report a Farmer in the Dell". Hilarious! :) Thank you! I'm a programmer, so I can appreciate that humor. :)

    ReplyDelete