Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 lb Potluck cost me 5 extra miles


I jogged 10 miles today. I typically do 5 miles every day/7 days a week.  I have to because I eat alot. Thats really the only reason I jog so fanatically is so that I can eat whatever I want to. Not that I eat junk food or fast food or anything like that but, I like to eat what I want to eat and not have to worry about gaining weight or clogging my arteries or something. But I will jog 10 miles until I get this extra "Potluck" food weight off me that I have gained in April because of all the potlucks going on and I have one tomorrow night, a dinner  out Friday night and another potluck Saturday night at church. So even though I can eat what I want at 5 miles per day I can't eat in a continual  abundance... there are limits.  5 extra pounds feels really disgusting. I mean I can literally feel it oozing and bubbling around....sloshing.   And  the photo is of the shoes I am still jogging in... the hole has grown.  Paul constantly asks me to go out and get shoes, he says he will meet me at Addidas etc.... its not that I can't go out and get myself my own pair of jogging shoes... but its just this weird thing for years  that Paul and I buy my jogging shoes together...its always been...always shall be.  I think its because he loves sport shoes and he is an expert on sport shoes so he probably thinks he should help me. I probably  need the help. I always gravitate toward really hot pink or bright yellow sport looking shoes and he reminds me they are for walking or hopping or something.  It wouldn't matter though because I have 2 broken little end toes ...one per foot... so when I jog I need a shoe that is a bit wider and my feet kinda got wide when I jogged barefooted. That was really stupid but I thought it was nature-ish.  But it just gave me bad shin splints and fat wide feet. My dad says my feet look like Tree toad feet. So actually they don't make pretty pink jogging shoes for my feet. I have to usually get mens.  And they are usually so ugly. I mean I can't even bear to usually look at my shoes when I jog.  They just don't make me happy at all.  I want pink jogging shoes with a silver streak and maybe some glitter.  
 
I thought this was so funny... I caught Paul with the bag my mom got for Annah... He looks 'caught'...like a deer in headlights does he not?

3 comments:

  1. 10 miles a day? WOW - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing workout you do! 5 miles is GREAT; 10 miles is like AWESOME!! but do take care of your feet and get good supportive shoes, even if they are a bit ugly.

    keep up the good work and running!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally waering silver jogging shoes with a hot pink swoosh right now :) But theyu are good ones :)

    10 minles today....good for you! I am doing the opposite. I am trying to eat a lot because I think I have stopped losing weight because my calories are too low :) So I will eat & you run :) Sounds like a perfect plan to me! Wish I HAD a potluck on this one day off my diet! :)

    ReplyDelete