Monday, April 19, 2010

Pondering a study....

I've been pondering a lot about what to say when I teach at the local jail.  I have never taught before...nada.  I have been sitting in on the teachings at jail that the other ladies have been sharing....gleaning, learning. Been praying for God to give me a subject to talk about. It has to be relevant. What I have been feeling is to teach on is about how some women carry burdens and misunderstandings about God due to a really bad or non existent relationship with their earthly dads. Many women in jail are from broken homes,abusive homes ...never loved or well cared for by their fathers, only hurt or abandoned. 
I want to relay to them the love of God and his relationship toward them is different. Misunderstanding who God is and how He feels about us impacts many many areas of our life and consequently if a relationship with a earthly father was bad then we tend to ask 'what kind of father is God'.... So that is where I am at right now...seeking God to help me pull something together that will be meaningful to the ladies at the jail.  Suggestions welcome! 
Annah is making Martha White Mixed Berry Muffins. :)  Very simple.... just add milk! :) 
She stirred the batter, sprayed the  little cups and spooned in the batter. Wahlah, excellent with a slab of real butter! :)

She wanted to fill up all the cups so they turned out rather small.  Cute though. She put some in a little plate to save for daddy. :) 

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone be found boasting. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10



8 comments:

  1. God will lay the right subject on you heart and you'll do fine. Show us the finished product when they get baked.lol
    I've been a follower for some time now. I invite you to look my blog over. Maybe you'll get an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - God will provide the subject matter.

    Annah the baker is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are on to something here with your thoughts about God and how people relate to him based on their earthly father. I think I would continue to explore this topic because I think it is relevant to the people you will be ministering to. I will keep you in my prayers about it too :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your blog. As everyone else has mentioned, let our Lord lead you and you will do fine. My cousin has a prison ministry she and her husband are involved in. I know they hit the scriptures concerning salvation really hard when they do their talks before the immates. Good luck and may God bless. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I've never taught before".....
    Nope, wrong - you're a mom, you teach every waking moment! You'll be fine, God's there with you so what are you worried about ;) AND, He'll provide you with the perfect subject matter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying God will give you exactly His words, His ideas, and His stories to communicate His love to the women you are speaking. You're going to do great! I know God's love will shine through you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother was saved in jail. Some ladies from a local church would come and minister to her there. They showed her acts of love, mercy, kindness, acceptance, and grace. So I guess it's not so much always what is said.

    God bless you as you begin this ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you started teaching yet? Wonder what you came up with? Sounds like God was already planting a wonderful topic on your heart.
    Take care...Dustine

    ReplyDelete