Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nice People

A friend of mine, Debbie O.... her and her family came to the Seder/Potluck and she had asked me what I was bringing to the potluck part. I told her I was bringing a Chicken Stuffing Casserole that I got off the back of a Stove Top Stuffing box.  That night, she told me she brought Fettuccine Alfredo and my favorite corn casserole so that I would have something to eat. She said since I was bringing something I couldn't eat...because I am a Vegetarian, she brought something I could eat.  And had she not brought that dinner for me, I would not of had anything to even graze from. To my shock, everything had meat in it, even a delightful salad was loaded with chicken.  I could of eaten dessert only but I really need protein to prevent spontaneous short wiring in my brain that causes my usually bubbly personality to take a dive. Wasn't that just the nicest thing ever?  I was so touched that someone thought of me and brought me something to eat.   
When we go to our home church, the house we go to always makes sure there is food for me, even if they have to specially prepare it... one time they made two pots of spaghetti sauce, one with meat, one meatless and so on. 

  If I was not a Christian, this type of concern and act of kindness would mean so much, would mean more to me than being preached at ...while being preached at can have its place, the kindness is what would bring it all home. 
The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity: George Bernard Shaw

6 comments:

  1. Little acts of kindness like that really do me in, too. It's almost unbelievable that folks can be so nice, isn't it? Wait, that didn't come out right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was very nice of your friend to do, Libby. makes me want to think of doing something similar if I'm in a similar situation or to look for opportunities to be kinder to people.......

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool that your house-church has the ability to put on a Sader. I hear it's a lot of work to prepare. Great for you all. Maybe next year our group will have to travel to your group and join in :) Texas, right? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is real Christianity! Love in action!! Sounds like everything was delicious!! Of course everything sounds good right now, I'm still eating jello! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People can be so lovely. My mother who is vegetarian and 92yrs had a similar experience a couple of days ago.. She was so surprised to be included with special food.
    Kindness is Jesus love in action**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I just read this...I was happy to make something I knew you could eat. I just thought it funny even you made food you couldn't eat.

    ReplyDelete