Monday, April 5, 2010

Libby Loves Jesus


We had a Seder Passover Meal and Potluck in our barn... I wanted to take more pictures but my camera was very temperamental. I had never attended a Seder. It was meaningful. It felt like an Easter should feel..
This sign is on a door in our barn.  I hadn't noticed it till that night. Had to click it as I giggled.

The next day, Easter Sunday, we went out to my mom and dad's house, met up with Tiffany and had a very relaxing, thankful, grateful, giggly day.  This hammock never crumbled with us in it but we were sure thinking it might. :)

My mom (Nana) and Annah having girl time on the swing.

I hope your Easter was meaningful! I am so grateful, thankful. Happy because of the comfort I have through Christ dying a physical death for me and then always being present in my life, in my hopes, in my sorrows, in everything. He rose from a grave, He was seen. He is here. Near.  I realize that life is a battlefield of good and evil and that many times I will see the brunt of evil. I realize there will be great grief, pain, sorrow and overwhelming times of emotional pain...been there, done that, expect more but the difference is that I have a way out if you will. I have a way out  because I have always seen the light. No pun intended. But there is always the light in my path, the lamp at my feet, incredible hope, incredible power in the name of Jesus.  Always know God is near.  I believe that life on earth has battle lines drawn between good and evil... and lines get crossed.   I never know when I might step on a land mine but I do know I will be held. I am aware that there is evil that is an enemy to my soul and my life.  Its just a matter of walking and hearing and listening to do my best to avoid them and what Easter is for me is a reminder of how grateful I am that my God, the God who created the air I breath, the earth that I walk upon, every single thing also sent to this very place a Savior to  get me through the battle.  I can't see this life as anything but a battlefield. My eyes don't allow it.  But I have One whose name is Jesus, who died, rose, and takes my hand and walks me through the land mines, the wars, the famines, everything... He holds my hand and I am so grateful for that. Unbelievably grateful.

Okay, the end... 

really :-)

 must go study Spanish... love my teacher !!!!!  She's sooo patient with the likes of me!! and goodness... Annah is way to quite!! What is she up too!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Libbey, it looks like you had a very Happy Easter! The seder supper is a fascinating experience and well worth attending. Along with the expression " He is Risen" and the response "he is risen indeed", the Seder supper is a 2000 year old tradition. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Libby! And I agree with the content of this post. It's a battle. But with Jesus walking with us, we are more than conquerors!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, You have truly been blessed with a wonderful looking family. I pray that God will protect you and your family from the enemy of our soul.

    May I also say, you have a very cool looking barn.
    Your barn looks like it's bigger than my house!
    If we don't stop having these 7.2 earthquakes in California, me and Mrs. Geezer may need to move to Texas and live in your barn. I can give you half of my allowance...about $1.50
    a week and a cup of beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a few years ago our church put on a Seder dinner and had a Messianic (I know I spelled that wrong) rabbi there who educated us with the traditions from Passover and related it to Jesus and the final Passover he ate and the symbolism of the things happening. It was such an eye opening night for me and one I enjoyed very much.

    Isn't it always great to get together with family? you have a beautiful looking one! I bet you all had a great time yesterday celebrating Jesus' resurrection.

    you are right, good and evil, battles to be fought, etc. Good to remember Jesus fights our battles and always good to remember we win in the end :)

    adios :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to a few Passover Seders and I've always loved them! Very cool you could host one in your barn!

    ReplyDelete