Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Itty Bitty Spaces

This is the entire top shelf in my itty bitty pantry. Wait. I dont' have a pantry. I have itty bitty cabinet spaces. I live in a Tree house type cabin so space is an issue. I just noticed all the fingerprints on my containers.  We dont' even have closets. I bet you can't comprehend that can you?   Well, we don't.   My home has to always be on its game because I have no where to put anything or hide anything....what you see is what it is.  We have those clothes things that our clothes hang on in our room... so all our clothes are exposed if anyone walks in our rooms.... I keep the place tidy but, I can't have extras. I have to only have what we use and need.   Some may say why on earth would we live in a small cabin like this... welllllllllllllllllll, because we are surrounded by the lake ...panoramic lake front view on several acres and on top of that we are surrounded by Core of Engineer property  with tons of trees and birds...bunnies and of course snakes and coyotes.  Its breathtaking. I would give up half this itty bitty cabin to live here.... heck, i'd give up the cabin and live in a tent. I always call it our paradise. But I can be bought.  And I figure some day someone will discover us and buy us out.   Thats the plan.  When we are bought out we will completely downsize even more and buy an even itty bittier place as home ground here in the states and take the money and run off to the jungle or Africa or somewhere.  I wish I could just be settled but I have this constant stirring in my heart that never stops.   My feet are always wanting to go...go away to where there is human suffering beyond what we can comprehend. I want to hold the hand of the dying...dying with AIDS...dying of poverty....hold the babies, hold. Just hold.  Cry. Hold.  
For now... here is the closest thing I have to a jungle cat. :)


.......   LOVE...... !!!!

 

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful Libby. I hope you are able to go where your heart leads you. And haven't we always heard that less is more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I can't imagine not having much storage space. I don't have much stuff (truly; I downsized 2/3 of our stuff when we moved 4 years ago) but I do like to have things put away and tidy. Seems like you have it all together with how to do so (keeping things tidy). Keeping you in my prayers in case the Lord has a great ministry out there for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds idyllic! Your jungle cat is gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the jungle cat! And I love that you are ready to get up and go whenever God says "Go!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a loving and generous heart you have. God said He made us in His image ... and made us all with different desires and dreams ... how perfect when we see that unfold in front of our eyes! I love to travel, but I fear being witness to so much pain...it takes a very special heart to want to embrace people who suffer so. God be with you...and He will.

    ReplyDelete