Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Indulging

We went to an art showing at 'The Chestnut Tea Room' in Denton,TX. Friday night. It was my mom's art class (she is the teacher) and they had all their artwork displayed around the room for their friends and family to come and see. We also enjoyed delicious food!  It was delightful.  My mom is the one in the back in the lemon yellow.  Matches her outgoing, happy personality. :) 
....And then yet another mouth watering extra delicious and indulging potluck at our home church. :)  Green Bean Casserole, Potato Salad, Sushi, Cheesy Rice dish, BBQ Chicken, Rolls, Angel food cake with fruit and whip cream...cake... coffee...!!!  I'm kinda ready for some work..... jungle kind... some kind... something thats not so indulging. I've been really talking to God about that. 
 

The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.- George Mueller

4 comments:

  1. But food just tastes so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. food sounded yummy, there always seems to be more than enough food for potlucks or gatherings like this, doesn't there? I know God will lead you where he wants you to be. I have re-shifted how I pray these days, putting more emphasis on his kingdom being advanced and less on my needs (because I truly believe he will meet them). I will put you on my prayer list that if God wants you in a jungle, he will show you clearly where you should be

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Libby, I hope that you get the answers to your prayers and questions really soon! God is always listening and when you're ready, He'll show you the way!

    God Bless
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is "jungle" kind of work?

    Fire season in So. California is about to start. I know it's not exactly a "jungle" but you could come out here and fight forest fires? Or, you could go to the Los Angeles zoo and feed some of the "jungle" animals. Or, you could go to some of our neighborhoods around here that are called "jungles". You could go witness to the local gang members like the Bloods and the Crips.

    Now, there are 3 "jungle" possibilities for you to consider.

    ReplyDelete