Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heart Beat & Small Stitches

Last week was our very first home church gathering of Heart Beat.
(If your ever in the area, come on in!!!)
Kelsey is snapping the picture and a couple folks are missing but, its a small beginning. Numbers aren't important.
As we were praying and singing while Jeff played the guitar Annah was pretty good but when we began to discuss and talk about God and life and such, Annah was not exactly disruptive, but distracting to me. She is the only small child right now ( actually the only child there the past two times ) so she is in the midst of the adults. I am used to sending her off to children's church. But, as the night ended I realized that she is learning in our midst. With me learning Spanish, she has picked up so much just by listening in on my stuff. So as she quietly chatters and hops from my lap to Pauls, wonders around looking for grapes and cheese on the table, she is picking up all the good stuff we are talking about. She is being immersed in our prayers and talk. I want to teach her to be a bit more quite...a bit more still, but just not sure how much to exactly expect from a 4 year old.

This actually didn't last as long as I was hoping for because when she said she wanted to sew, she meant on my machine. I had visions of her hand sewing an entire little blanket but, she only got 2 pieces sewn halfway together and it really bothered her to stick the needle through the frog print. She just kept saying "but the needle is going through the frog mommy"....LOL....

This is my son, Alan and his wife, Karmy and their 2 year old son, my grandbaby, Elias. They are currently in Heredia at YWAM as missionaries.
When they got married, I inherited several hundred relatives. I can't communicate with them yet. Someday soon....

2 comments:

  1. You can tell your several hundred relatives the story of Goldilocks...

    And you can expect a lot from 4 year olds....you just have to train her....and yes, she is learning and learning from her mom and dad is the best way to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I even recognize some of those people! Hope Annah gets her froggy blanket sewn...without piercing any beloved froggies. :)

    ReplyDelete