Saturday, November 7, 2009

Texas Pajama Cowgirl

Whenever you wake up to such a beautiful, crisp TX morn you just gotta get your boots on and your cowgirl hat and hightail it outside.









































































































Sneaking up on a little cowgirl who likes to sneak out and onto our Old mare, Crimson. This old horse is about 26 years old so she is safer than dirt as I don't think she would run even if the pasture was on fire. She walks slowly to and fro and Annah is perfectly content to sit bareback on her while Crimson just hangs out and eats. Annah uses the hay stacks to get on her back. She has learned how to put the reins on her halter, lead her to the hay and then crawl on.
I figure she's not higher than her fort swing and certainly lower than our tree branches and nobody is doing alot of moving. I have taught her how to safely get down on her own but I'm sure she probably would of figured that one out by herself. Amazing what children will learn when they are really eager to do something.


Have a happy big as Texas Day!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures of your little cowgirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is amazing what a child will learn to do when they are really eager to do something.

    How cute that she figured out how to get on her. Most kids here age would be scared around a horse by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think pajamas, cowgirl boots, and a hat definitely go together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little girl you have there! I can't get over her on the horse! I don't think even *I* would get up there all by myself!

    Cute, cute!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete