Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Garmin& Favorite Preschool Learning Tools
















Well, though many worse things could befall me... my big let down so far is that my GPS failed me miserably. I had such high hopes.... so much faith in the little device.... My first day out and I almost tossed it out the window into oncoming traffic....it kept telling me to exit onto the ramp in such and such miles but, uh, I had already exited the ramp... I was already on the highway...it just kept acting like I wasn't... Garmin says its an issue with GPS and not the unit... so I guess I just need not put my entire hopes into its ability. Thankfully I had an idea where I was going and what roads to turn on... I guess its just a back up plan,not an actual brain. However, Paul did tell me that no matter where I am, if I hit "Home" that it will atleast get me home and thats worth its weight right there.

FAVORITE PRESCHOOL LEARNING TOOLS - We do not have an actual curriculum that we go with but, these are some of our favorite learning tools for Annah, who is 4.






































*I love all the BrainQuest activity cards and workbooks. And more so, Annah loves them and wants to do them all the time. They are very age appropriate with sometimes having easy questions and sometimes having difficult ones.

*Kiss Your Brain by Dr.Jean and all of her learning CD's are fantastic! Children will learn to sing all the states and Presidents etc...

*We play Old Maid daily with Annah or Memory Game for children and other preschool board games.
* Leap Frog DVDs on learning phonics and how to build words.
* Lacing Beads and Sewing cards
* And a learning clock
In addition, we have dolls to learn how to tie shoes although I hate tie shoes... she still has to learn. Handwriting tablets, coins and dollar bills to learn to count and identify money... we bake, walk, explore, learn how to take care of animals and learn about God, art, and whatever else comes along to teach and daily reading books. She loves to read and we make it a goal to read atleast a very minimum of 5 books per day. Plus, I make up learning stories to tell her.
And lastly, daily we watch "Professor Parrot Speaks Spanish" which is a WONDERFUL learning tool for the Spanish language. Annah knows how to count to 10 in Spanish and knows most of the colors. When we stop at a red light she proclaims "Rojo, Rojo"... I have learned alot from this DVD too. I wish they would make another one but this is the only one they have out.

1 comment:

  1. You don't need an actual curriculum with a 4 year old. You've picked some fun learning things to do with her. That's what's so great about that age....learning should be fun and play.

    I was such a bad parent...I didn't start teaching my first born till she was 6...but she did graduate from high school so I don't beat myself up cause I didn't do a curriculum with her when she was 4...lol!!!!

    Sorry about the "brain"...but at least you will get home.

    ReplyDelete