Sunday, November 22, 2009

Candy Cane Fudge -N- Bubble Bath



















I have decided that this year for Christmas platter gifts I will make a large batch of Candy Cane fudge and place a batch on a plain red ceramic plate and perhaps embellish with chocolate covered cherries. For an extra touch for some folks I may try to find some peppermint soap for fun. I am thinking the entire gift will cost around $6 - $8 dollars depending on the cost of the ceramic plate and if I add something like candy cane soap.
Here is the recipe for Candy Cane Fudge:

  • 2 (10 ounce) packages vanilla baking chips
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes
  • 1 dash red or green food coloring

  1. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease the foil.
  2. Combine the vanilla chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until almost melted, remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract, food coloring, and candy canes.
  3. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours, then cut into squares.
And I really kinda like this idea.... You get a box of Bubble bath... Calgon or Vaseline or whatever...even one of those big jugs of bubble bath at Walmart that are kinda cute and cost around $2.97 or so... and you wrap a big bow around it and add the following note.... which I think would be a really awesome gift for a co-worker or such.

Bubble bath

When the rushing of Christmas gets you down
And you've had all the fun you can stand
Don’t get discouraged and don’t give up
Just let this present give you a hand…

Take a break from the kids and shopping
Let the phone ring…don’t answer the door
Lay back and relax in a hot bubble bath
And you’ll soon feel ready for more!!

Update on Hit and Run Doggy ---The vet said she should be attempting to maybe try and get up ... but she isn't. At all. I am thinking its too soon. The vet had mentioned euthanasia if she makes no effort after a week but, I am going to give it longer than that. I am thinking the vet may of just said that because she is a stray dog and its a lot of effort to care for an invalid dog and if we don't see progress then maybe just end it. But, again, I am going to give her a lot more time than that and only euthanasia if it becomes completely clear she will not be able to walk because it would be cruel to keep her living like this.
I am happy to report she doesn't soil her bedding at all. I carry her outside several times a day and she goes outside. She has been crushed, thats for sure. The vet said not even surgery can repair her, no amount of pins and special things to put her together again...she is that destroyed. But only on one side... she will still have 3 good legs. That is SO doable.

I still don't actually have a name for her. Because she was hit by a car and has 2 extra toes... I was thinking 'Autoe' is a cute name... Auto/toe combination.... I call her 'Baby' all the time and she sometimes wakes me up crying to go outside so... that could work ... maybe 'Seis' which is 6 in Spanish...for 6 toes... or just call her 'Sixtoe'....Paul still thinks we should call her 'Lucky' but I'm thinking...who says she's so lucky ya know???? She got hit by a car after all. Who says she's lucky just because we got her ... I mean someone else like a super star with a zillion dollars to get her lambswool heating bed may of made her lucky but for now she is in a little pool with an Elmo and Big Bird blanket...

Have a superdy duperdy Monday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love you for taking care of this dog! I pray she will heal, and I am praying you will have wisdom to know what is best for her. What about naming her "Grace"? We once rescued a kitten who had a spinal injury after surviving being thrown away down a 40 foot drop. We named her Grace.

    I like your Christmas gift ideas! Yum!

    Hope you guys have a Great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will now be expecting a red plate with some yummy peppermint fudge on it...

    You could make a candy cane ornament to go with it as a gift tag.

    You dog isn't lucky but she is blessed. Blessed because someone cared enough to stop....and take her to get help....and is willing to get up and carry her outside...and loves on her...and cares for her...and isn't quick at euthanizing her

    What a great example of how God is with us....

    I think Grace is a great name...because it's what's being lavished on her...

    ReplyDelete