Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanks Day and More

I am just now getting round to posting my Gobble Gobble Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving day pics.

First is the Pancake I made for Annah in the morning. However, don't let it fool you. It was awful. It tasted like playdough. What happened was that I was all out of Bisquick so I thought... well, gosh, how difficult can it be to make pancake mix??? Paul was on the computer so I didn't want to bump him off to look for a recipe... I didn't even think of looking in a cookbook...I just mixed up some flour, eggs, baking soda AND baking powder... oil... whipped and whistled and poured my batter into a hot skillet and came out with playdough. This is truly one of those moments where its the thought that counts.
Below: Tiffany and Annah, mom's famous odd rolls, mom's displayed giant acorns, Annah and I, dad and Tiffany, Games after dinner, Annah makes dinner!























































































Playing 'Chicken Toes Dominoes'... dad would stand up and hover over the game when it wasn't his turn... he proclaimed he was just checking out the board but, I don't really know...













In the meantime, today, while Paul and I were playing Tetris, Annah, obviously unattended... yet just in the kitchen... she whipped us up some dinner.... it has eggs, carrots, butter and a Ritz cracker. She poured in a pan, put it in the oven and then turned on the oven and the timer and baked it for us for dinner.















And her dear dear daddy ate some and pretended it was just amazingly delicious. As I type this he is telling her is full and she is asking him if she is sure he doesn't want more. He assures he is very full. Do you suppose this means I do not have to actually cook a meal tonight???? I declare dinner hour to be officially fullfilled. :-)



"Be Kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle".

Philo of Alexandria

3 comments:

  1. Well, she had a sweet thought to make dinner for everyone! She sure is creative with her ideas. One day she's going to write a cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you even own a cookbook? :-) Next time call me cause I have a good from scratch recipe for pancakes...It sure looked fun though.

    LOVE!!!! the picture of Annah and Tiffany.

    And the one ritz cracker is pretty funny. You need to buy her a children's cookbook and let her go at it...

    ReplyDelete