Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Part 2 of the Hit and Run Dog

So here she is. We were going to call her Blondie but, it is not exactly original and even the vet said 'oh so original' so Paul said "okay, how bout Lucky" ( Isn't he witty) ...... but we already have a chicken named Lucky.

She is at my house in a kiddie pool. She is for the time being an invalid. Not only does she have a broken pelvis and a broken hip and a huge wound thats been stapled but air is escaping a little hole in her lungs so she coughs easily. She is on strong medication. The vet said she doesn't know if she will be able to ever recover and get up and walk but, she seems really determined which is a good start. Even today she tried to get up but she just can't. And she has a 6th toe. Isn't that something????

So the total cost wasn't as horrible as I was expecting. We don't have to have a payment plan or live on beans and rice for 3 months so I am grateful.





















And I finished a little McDonalds Rag Quilt. It was fun to make. I only did it because Annah insisted on the material and I always like to make her happy. :)

This one will actually be for her little girlfriend,Angela, the girl in the video below that we went to the orphanage together. I'll make one for Annah too and they can have their little McDonald lap quilts next time we go since we literally seem to live on the road at McDonalds.... not so good for a Vegetarian such as myself but, I always get a large Vanilla milkshake and fries so my friend Debbie... and you know who you are... she sais to me... 'Libby, seems healthier to me if you would eat a burger rather than fries and a milkshake' and I say to her "Debbie, I never said I was a healthy Vegetarian."...
I don't eat meat because I don't like it. Its not that I am opposed to it or think its wrong, I just don't like it. And it sounds really cool to say I'm a Vegetarian... people get some impression that I like to be healthy or something... I am actually health conscious but its not my motivation to be a vegetarian... not for the purity of it or anything... I just figured I don't like meat so might as well take that step and give it up in all forms. I am not a Vegan..... Vegans do not eat meat nor any meat by products at all such as eggs or cheese and such... I couldn't do that. I have cookies and milk everyday... can't give up my milk.

Okay, so I'm officially tired and going to bed. Nighty night!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see the dog you rescued! And I love the rag quilt! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big meat eater either but not enough to be a vegetarian. I do like a hamburger or steak on occasion....like our Anniversary or special occasion like that....now chicken..I like chicken. So, I'll never be a vegetarian unless there was no meat anywhere to eat.

    You are a good "animal" person. I'm glad you stopped.

    ReplyDelete