Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Festival & White Mama






















I went with a load of friends to a Fall Festival last night... it was at a church in Allen as an alternative to trick or treating/halloween stuff.

I am a Christian who is aware of the dark side. I comprehend spirits and demons and devil worship and sacrifice and the practice of it intesifies on this date.

I understand many Christians would judge me for doing ANYTHING to participate in such a day....


AND.... its always rather interesting to me how people regard Annah and I. Sometimes the white folk are extra sweet and kind to her....like they know she was orphaned and she now gets extra special attention from them because of it... and the black folk seem to regard her as ...well, bless her heart her white mama doesn't know how to do that child's hair....she needed some corn rows... and thats what I heard last night... that Annah needed corn rows. LOL... they called her a little African Princess in need of corn rows. :) I buy the BEST products I can find for her hair... I get them at Carols Daughter .... I get the Hair Milk and Black Vanilla leave in Conditioner and I am never without the body butters for her skin. AND, atleast I get complimented on her skin! :) White people always think her hair looks marvelous but what do they know????? LOL !!!
All in all, it was a fun night...watching Annah run and laugh and play just made my exhausted self feel all happy. :) I was amazed at her independence and her ability to just run in and play with other children and go down big slides and do things that seemed actually a little scary to me! I'm kinda a big weenie.

3 comments:

  1. what's that saying....darned if you do, and darned if you don't.

    While hair is important, in the broad scope of life it really isn't. And I know that Annah is fiercly loved by her "white" family and in the broad scope of life....that IS what matters.

    Well...it matters to that you are instilling in her a love for God and Jesus and to see things with a eye on eternity and that's important too.

    So when you get comments on her hair or whatever, just smile and respond with something pleasant cause you know that Annah is getting what she really needs. And one day it might even be cornrows....

    ReplyDelete